Mi News: Xiaomi launched the new Mi TV 5 Series at its latest product presentation event in Beijing with the new Mi CC9 Pro smartphone. There are two models of the Mi TV 5 Series – Mi TV 5 and Mi TV 5 Pro. Both models come with three sizes of screens 55-inch, 65-inch, and 75-inch. However, Mi TV 5 lacks some features compared to the Mi TV 5 Pro. This includes Quantum dot display, MEMC motion smoothing features, and HDR 10+ support.
Mi TV 5 Series price
Let’s talk about the price, the 55-inch Mi TV 5 is priced at CNY 2,999, the 65-inch version is priced at CNY 3,999 and the 75-inch model is priced at CNY 7,999. On the other hand, the Mi TV 5 Pro is priced at CNY 3,699 for the 55-inch model, whereas the 65-inch version is priced at CNY 4,999 and for the 75-inch version it will retail at CNY 9,999. With this new series, the company is looking to take recently launched OnePlus TV. For now, there is no confirmation about the launch in other markets.
Specifications & features
- Both models come with a screw-less design with an aluminum frame.
- Both models have the same thickness of 5.9mm and bezels of 1.8mm.
- The two TV models support a 4K resolution display. The Pro version comes with HDR 10+ and MEMC support that the non-Pro version lacks.
- The Mi TV 5 Pro and Mi TV 5 comes with the Patchwall user interface and comes with Dolby Atmos.
- Mi TV 5 series has an Amlogic T972 processor, 8K video playback support.
- Mi TV 5 has 3GB RAM + 32GB storage, Mi TV 5 Pro has 4GB RAM + 64GB storage.
- Connectivity options both TVs have three HDMI ports, Wi-Fi 802.11, two USB ports, Bluetooth 4.2, AV inputs, four 8Watt unit speakers, four microphones, and Xiaomi’s voice assistant support.