Mi India: Xiaomi Mi Watch launched in China last month now gets its first OTA update. The software is rolled out on December 3. The smartwatch was only compatible with Android. Now after the first OTA update it will get IOS support and can be used with iPhones. Xiaomi announced this update brings major improvements and fixes.
Xiaomi Mi Watch OTA update
To download the Firmware users need to go to Watch Settings > System > About > and then click on System Update. The company advised the users that download the update using a high-speed Wi-Fi connection. Also recommended the Watch Bluetooth connectivity should be turned off and if the watch has less than 50% charge then you can even put it on the charge.
With this update, Xiaomi also brought several other features like weather updates and notifications. It also fixes the freezing issue, optimized the download speed for faster download experience. To pair the Xiaomi Mi Watch with iPhone, users need to download the Xiaomi Wear app from the App Store.
Xiaomi Mi Watch Price & Specifications
Xiaomi Mi Watch has a price tag of CNY 1,299 (roughly Rs, 13,000 INR). There is a premium version that has a price tag of CNY 1,999 (roughly Rs. 20,000 INR).
- The Mi Watch has a 1.78-inch AMOLED panel with 326PPI pixel density.
- It comes with curved Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front and rubber strap.
- It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 series processor.
- The Watch has a 570mAh battery. On a single charge, it will last 36 hours.
- Xiaomi Watch runs on Google’s Wear OS with the MIUI skin.
- It has just 1GB RAM and 8GB storage.
- Connectivity options such as Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and NFC support.
- It has several fitness features like – reject calls, read and send the message, email check, music playback.
- Additionally, the Mi Watch has some sensors like – sleep tracking, stress tracking, body energy tracking, heart rate sensor, and a six-axis sensor.
- The Mi Watch also has dark mode and apps download support.
- It is waterproof and has a matt finish aluminum design.
- It has a rotating digital crown on the side like an Apple watch.
- It is available in silver and black color options.